Below is an excerpt from a recent release of Deep Dive, Bitcoin MagazinePremium Markets Newsletter. To be among the first to receive these and other on-chain Bitcoin market insights straight to your inbox, subscribe now.
Here are some of the “highlights” from yesterday’s FOMC meeting:
- Powell: Inflation may develop to be higher and more stable than we expect
- FOMC: Fed holds $80 billion in Treasury purchases, 40 billion MB purchases per month
- FOMC: The Fed will continue to buy bonds until more significant progress is made in meeting targets
- Powell: Even after lifting, the policy will still be very relevant ملائمة
- Powell: Points are not a great indicator of future rate movementsحركات
Powell’s comments on inflation were expressive, but somewhat predictable. There is nothing that can be said to escape the reality of the situation in which the Federal Reserve (along with other global central banks) has found themselves.
Total US debt/GDP is at a ridiculous 383%, and the only ways out of the debt crisis are as follows:
- Austerity / default (not possible)
- Overcoming debt (almost impossible)
- Financial suppression (being attempted)
The Federal Reserve is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Total debt/GDP is 383%, the stock market is currently 233% of GDP and real returns are negative in almost all areas (meaning: the money price is negative).
But the purpose of this Daily Dive is not just to harp on the actions of the Federal Reserve or any actor in the system, by any means.
The purpose of this is to explain why there is no alternative to Bitcoin.